What is a Patient Registry?
A patient registry is a database that is created for the sole purpose of collecting secondary data related to patients:
- with a specific diagnosis or condition
- who are going through a specific or new break-through procedure
- who are using a new medical device
- or who are taking a new medication
In the old days, a patient registry in its simplest form was a collection of paper cards kept inside "a shoe box" by an individual physician.
In modern times, patient registries vary in sophistication from simple spreadsheets that can only be accessed by an individual researcher or a small group of physicians - to very complex databases that are accessed online across multiple healthcare institutions.
The cost to run a patient registry study or program can be very high. However, today's technology has created an environment where pharmaceutical and healthcare organizations can rapidly collect data and "zero-in" on what's working and what's not - faster and at less of a cost than ever before.
Why a Patient Registry?
Here are 11 reasons why a patient registry should be part of your medical research planning.
What is ClinicalPURSUIT?
ClinicalPURSUIT is Global Vision Technologies' (GVT) state-of-the-art clinical information management platform that helps the single researcher all the way up to the large pharmaceutical company (and every healthcare institution in between) - collect, analyze and report on patient data - faster, and with more accuracy than most similar products on the market today.
Exceptional Return on Investment
With ClinicalPURSUIT, clients typically see improvements in the following areas:
- improve time to ramp up
- lower training and implementation costs
- lower ongoing training and support costs
- manage regulatory concerns (FDA, HIPAA)
- manage costs / physician compensation who participate in studies
- lower cost to develop final data tables with analysis
Patient registry software helps to answer these important questions...
- How quickly can I collect retrospective data from multiple centers?
- How is my data trending?
- Are my outcomes improving?
- What impact did combination therapy have?
- What are the adverse events?
Other benefits include innovative uses, the expertise and dedication of the team behind the patient registry software system, as well as these critical factors:
- Comprehensive training
- Site recruitment assistance
- Ongoing management and support
- Data collection, statistics and trend monitoring
- Security and privacy to satisfy Part 11 of Title 21
Please spend some time walking through the other pages of our website. You can learn about some of the other applications and uses for a patient registry solution.
Download the Patient Registry Manifesto
If you're just getting started and are not sure where to begin... consider grabbing a copy of "The Patient Registry Manifesto" - a detailed blueprint that walks through the benefits of a registry and covers 20 top questions to answer that are critical to your planning stages. You can grab a copy here.